"Swine flu?" you ask. I have no idea. Quite frankly, I didn't worry about it. I was, however, the ONLY one to have it. I kept myself pretty quarantined, but still, I'm sure it would have gone to someone else, right? But as luck would have it, nope.
So that got me thinking, could it have possibly been food poisoning? I've never heard of it taking so long to go through your body. Besides which, well, here were my symptoms and whatnot.
- Itchy watery eyes, stuffy nose, sneezing, sore upper throat. All of a sudden, just came on within an hour I think.
- Fever followed within 2 hours (a noticeable one at any rate, like 100 or 101), and lasted four or five days.
- If I didn't take Tylenol and Sudafed and a halls every four hours, I lived to regret it.
- The first night, I threw up.
- After that I refused to eat anything but saltines. I drank lemon water and room temperature sprite. That kept my tummy calm-ish.
- Bathroom all normal.
- So everything was from my stomach and up.
- Oh and my body was continually sore. Every day sorer and sorer. (I think it's more and more sore, but it sounds sadder the other way.)
- I had to sleep on the love seat because that way my feet and head could be elevated. It's the only think that saved me from dying of claustrophobia from a stuffy nose.
- I couldn't focus for three days which was a total bite.
- I fell asleep literally while talking to people in person or on the phone.
- I apparently answered but never made much sense most of the time. I was totally in and out of dream state.
- I did manage to be awake for a total of about 3 hours each day for three days.
- The middle days were all a big blur. Don't know what I did when I did it and don't know how I managed to spit out any articles on HubPages, but I did.
- Toward the end I just smelled like sick hospital person. Blech! Couldn't stand it. But... that means my nose wasn't so clogged. Hooray!
So, now I'm getting back into the swing of things and should start posting regularly.
Special thanks to all those who bore with me. I know you missed me as much as I missed you guys. It's crappy when you don't get to read other people's cool nifty stuff because you're life is hectic with end of school stuff, let alone because you're dying (slight exaggeration, here, of course).
So, Lucy! I'm ho-ome.
Think I'd like to watch some I Love Lucy. Anybody with me? How about an economical Lucy. I'd say that was fitting... And ladies, don't try this at home.