A Small Note About Father's Day

photo source
This father's day I won't be calling my dad or sending him a card.  That was over a long time ago and I can't say I'm sad for it.  Sometimes it just doesn't work out between parents and children.  And that's okay, it really is.  There's hopefully someone to replace that parent.  Maybe not exactly, but fundamentally.  The same can happen even if that parent is a part of your life but the relationship just isn't what it should or could be.  If there isn't a substitute, you have to not only come to terms with that fact but you also have to find a way to fill that spot on your own, or get to the point where you don't need that spot filled.  I was fortunate enough to not need it filled.

For a fabulous and unique variety of Father Daughter stories, check out the photo source link above. 


Comments

Popular Posts