What's wrong with this picture monday, the pool vac




So I've been thinking about this for a long time.  I may do a grander version on The Pretty Life on Eye on Life Mag, but I thought I'd also post some of these here.

For our first "What's wrong with this picture Monday" I'd like to introduce to you, "The Pool Vac".  You see, this is a lovely pool.  In fact, I'd love to take a dip in it right now, wouldn't you?  In the sunset.  Surrounded by adobe, a gorgeous deck, boulders and stones, various cactus greens, serene reflections...  And yet, there is something there that just spoils the whole dream.  Now I ask you, do you place your vacuum cleaner in the middle of the living room before you take that perfect snap?  No, no you don't.  I rest my case.

This photo does, however, bring to mind quite a few story opportunities.  Something is happening.  Something is about to happen.  And it all stems from, in my mind, "who, exactly, put the pool vac in, where are they now, and what is going on in this house while the pool vac is running?"   Hmmmmm.

Photo writing prompt:  Anyone caring to tackle this possible story or snippet or poem, please feel free to add it to the comments, or on your blog with a link in our comments.  Nothing overly gruesome please, and nothing too sexually descriptive left in the comments, please.  Should prove interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts