U by Kotex ads break the cycle


It's rare that you see an ad lately that just knocks you off your feet with perfection.  For me, they've been few and far between these last 10 and some odd years.  Used to be I looked forward to commercials alsmost as much as the show I was watching.  Those days are long gone.  Almost.  Now there's U by Kotex and I am in love.

First of all, Kotex is my preferred brand of pad, so Kotex is a product line that interests me.

Second of all, have you see the U by Kotex ads?  They suck you in.  The gal that is informing us of U by Kotex, in the first U by Kotex ad I saw, is friendly, personable, and gave me information I could totally relate to.  Her sarcasm is so right on.  This ad is entitled "Reality Check"and is one of my favorites.



For those of you that may not have heard, Kotex is running a "Break the Cycle" campaign.  The Break the Cyle campaign is not geared to literally break women's "cycles", but it is dedicated to making them less painful to some respect. Kotex has designed their campaign to spread feminine confidence and true knowledge of what women's body parts are really called and that sort of thing.  With Kotex, you don't have to be ashamed to be a woman.  We're real and we're awesome.  And Kotex is backing us up every step of the way.
Let's help bring society up to speed on vaginal issues and take back the word "vagina." Have you helped take it back? Maybe you've quit using nicknames like va-jay-jay, or started talking more openly about period stuff with your friends. You can share other period stories too. Whatever your story, let's hear it.
Yeah, you can even write your own story or record (upload) your own story, right onto the U by Kotex site.

To view their way awesome video ads, got to UbyKotex.com, click on the "Get Real" tab, and you'll find video choices under "Tellin' it like it is".  Become inspired, transpired, and aspire, with U by Kotex.

note and disclaimer from blogger: The only way that I am affiliated with Kotex is the fact that I use and love their products.  I am simply a fan and have not been compensated in any way by Kotex or any of their affiliates.  however, if they would like to compensate me for my support and loyalty, payment in pads would be just grand.

Photo found at Jeane.makeup on blogspot.

Comments

I think that the only issue (excuse the pun) that I have with this post is your suggestion that you and by inference ALL writers could be paid in panty pads.
Now I am a liberal guy wih a wife and three adult daughters. Often have been the times when I have been dispatched to Tesco to fetch the self same sanitary devices. those with wings and those without but being paid in panty pads...

Nah.

Might it be possible to have payment for such loyallty in terms of confectionary then both sexes can benefit!

:)
Jordan said…
Hi Frieda!

Thanks for posting about our campaign. It's great to see that we're really reaching people. Hope to be hearing more from you :)

Jordan Miller
U by Kotex Community Leader
@jordangetsreal
Frieda Babbley said…
C.J. you gave me a bigger laugh than I gave myself when I wrote about the compensation. I'm thinking confections would be a great idea. Chocolates would be appropriate considering their correlation to taming the temperament that comes with cycles (perhaps something both sexes could enjoy when other sweets are not an option). Not to mention, I've heard through the cocoa vine that chocolate says, "I love you." Cash, of course, is the best when it comes to easing the pains of wearing white spandex and twirling in slow motion during hard times; but then, I didn't want to push my luck. =]

Jordan, hey there! U guys are doing a most fantastic job. Keep up the awesome work. Liberation and humour go hand in hand in my book. Not to mention the fact that I love both. Thanks so much! I've got a couple of others in mind to intersperse here and there, so I hope you'll be hearing more from me in the weeks to come. Have a super awesome and empowered day. ~Frieda
Lola said…
Haven't seen this campaign myself but it sounds really forward-thinking!

Thanks for stopping by over at my place - always great to *see* you!

XOXO LOLA:)
PS Love yr new site!

Popular Posts