Today Marks a Windy Book Birthday

Today in 1936, Gone With the Wind was published. It was written by a woman, Margaret Mitchell. It won a Pulitzer Prize. It was soon turned into a movie in 1939. One of the first books to movie in history. In 2001 it was the subject of a court case., concerning a parady protected by the first amendment, a book that subsiquentlly became a New York Times Bestseller.

In honor of Mitchell's Gone With the Wind, here are some clips to bring back some nostalgia.


















Gone with the Wind

Comments

Marie Reed said…
Hooray for Gone with the Wind! I read recently that Margret Mitchell wanted to name our feisty heroine Pansy and that her editor had to talk her into changing the name to Scarlett!
Frieda Babbley said…
Hi Marie. Pansy?! I can't get over that. Imagine if it were true. No, that would have changed everything. It wouldn't be the same story. Pansy. Wow. Thank's for sharing. I can't imagine a Pansy being very feisty. My goodness. Good to see you Marie.
Karen L said…
That Carol Burnett skit is one of my favorites. Thanks for giving me a much needed laugh. I had a friend in high school who decorated her room GWTW. She was crazy about it. I'll have to let her know. Thanks.
Frieda Babbley said…
Hey there Karen. I'm glad you got in a good laugh. I know, Carol is the best. I wrote about her on HubPages, you should check it out. You'll find the widget on the sidebar there. Yeah, when I saw a blurb about the book's birthday so to speak, I was all over it. Thanks for passing this on. Hope she gets a good laugh from Carol's version too. =D

Popular Posts