Jazz Night and a little murder

Thinking of changing Jazz night to Thursday due to my schedule. That way I can keep my promices. That said, we've got another Duke Ellington night. Why? Because I just came across an interesting article on one of the sights I belong to. Interesting read for tonight I thought. It revolves around... a murder! Exciting, yes?

Yes!

"Anatomy of a Murder". The soundtrack is by the Duke himself. Here are some clips, including the fantastic and famous opening credits. Jazz, it does a movie good.

And, my friends, it's whiskey sours night. So go ahead and milk on one of them babies, have a watch, a listen, and a read. Enjoy.









Now tell me you don't want to watch the movie after this. It doesn't have The Duke, but it's some powerful stuff, none the less:


The Hub that inspired this post, about Duke Ellington's "Anatomy of a Murder" track: http://hubpages.com/_friedarecommends/hub/Duke-Ellingtons-Anatomy-of-a-Murder-soundtrack-music

Comments

William Zuback said…
Yum, Whiskey Sour! That was my drink of choice before I quit. Actually it's very good without the Sour as well. Especially to the sound of some great music.
Frieda Babbley said…
Never had one, but sounded like it would be perfect. Shall I refrain from whiskey sours, then? You let me know, I'm serious.
I had taken a shot of tequila and someone make me laugh REALLY hard; it went right through my nose. Since then I just can't do the hard liquor. But it does make for excellent embiance.
William Zuback said…
I wouldn't refrain if you enjoy a good drink now and then. I just happened to decide to stop drinking alcohol period about ten years ago because of a comment from my daughter. Can't say I miss it much.

Popular Posts