Saturday Afternoon with The Thin Man


Some days, you need some oldies but goodies. Stuff you can't find on the boob tube or the movies, but used to. And when they're good, really good, you want more more more.

Today, we here at Frieda Babbley have our eye on The Thin Man. A six film movie series with William Powell and Myrna Loy. The two work inexplicably together.

How it all got started: The Thin Man was a "hard boiled" detective novel, which blossomed onto the silver screens in 1934, spinned off on all four radio networks from 1941-1950, and later into an NBC television series 1957-1959.

Myrna Loy plays Nora Charles in the films. It was the start of her career. I must say it's a delight to see her beautiful, confident self play opposite William Powell, already a high on the hog film star, as a brilliant and often silly (especially around Nora) Nick Charles.

You'll want a nice Martini or Manhattan by your side, you'll want to don your Nick 'n Nora wear (you probably purchased from Frieda Babbley's Little Pleasures Amazon shop), and maybe a cozy throw.

Ready? Well, without further ado, here's Nick and Nora.
















Oh, what a tease I am... Want more? Let me know, or open the last video onto you tube for parts 2-9 of 9. Or get to your local Blockbuster Video and have yourself a Thin Man weekend. Don't you deserve it?

Why yes, yes you do.
ENJOY!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm going to watch more of the oldies but goodies! Great post.
Frieda Babbley said…
Thanks Brittany. The Thin Man series I know you'll love. Great blogs by the way. I'm glad you posted a comment. I'm also glad that you're doing your work from home blog again, because that one I want to read too. Frugal living is a fantastic idea. I'm suspecting that will do the best. But I'm still very excited to get to know your The Mirage Writer blog. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us. Glad to meet you!
captain cloud said…
Thanks for the links. Here is one for you!

http://hubpages.com/_k95qj55sfgzw/hub/War-of-the-Hubs------or-----a-comedy-of-errors
Frieda Babbley said…
Haha, very funny. I'm going to keep that in, only because it links back to me. And because I love you. Sneaky Pete!

Popular Posts