- Taken a determined, not relaxing, shower.
- If you were insistant on singing, you should have sang something a bit more somber, more depressing, like Pink Floyd's Goodbye Blue Sky. You should have found this inspiring.
- Noticed that stupid pimple on your face, because it WAS there.
- Put on your best drill sargent outfit, no nonsense shoes, and a voice to match.
- Told everyone what to do, when to do it, how to do it, no exceptions, no excuses, no leniency, and enforced strict and clear punishments.
- Made your children call you Mrs. So and so, not Mama; Mama is much too familiar, not to mention it screams, "take advantage of me... please!"
- Paddlocked the fridge and cabinets, and placed the key on a chain around your neck.
- Told your children you would hand out tickets to the neighbors to watch them stand in a corner if they had anything that isn't nice to say and used the bad judgement of saying it.
- By now you should be able to demand "you time" as they are hopefully terrified of you and want to live to see tomorrow.
- Voila, you now ought to have the peace and quiet you were expecting, AKA your great day.
But since you didn't do any of these things, it's safe to say that you should drop everything and run the other way. Just run. There's really no hope for you now. Don't stop to fix your shirt. Don't stop to match your shoes. Do not collect 200 dollars, (you're never going to pass go anyway, besides which, your children have already spent it online using your name and personal information; you really need to keep your purse in a safer spot. Another post perhaps on this subject?)
Run. Run like the wind. Run the other way! Run with gusto, screaming won't help, but you can do it anyway. With any luck, you won't be followed. Yeah, right.